Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Trying to Get Around the Block. . .

These past few weeks have been torturous when it comes to working on Church Hill.  I know where I want to go, where Ella needs to end up, but I'm kind of stuck as to how to get her there.

In looking back, it's only been about three to four days since Ella and Dominic took Allison and fled town.  Ella still needs to bury Michael.  And there's the question of what's going to happen between her and Dominic.

But there's a bigger issue I need to clear up, and I don't know how to do it.  I could do it the easy way, and wrap up everything nice and tidy-like using Officer Samantha Brecky.  Or I could have one last stand-off between good and evil.  I just don't know what to do about the fact that Luke Ritter is still "at large" and unaccounted for.

I think I know what to do.  I think I know what my readers would want.  But I just can't get past where I am right now.  Although. . . I just had an idea as I sit here whining to you about my problem.  I think I'll give it a try.

On another note, I recently read a blog post about writer's block and how one author overcame it.  She reverted to an art form she enjoyed before being published.  It helped her overcome her block by allowing her brain to use the creative energy trying to get out, but in a different way.

My mind has been on other projects these past weeks . . .

  • There's a young woman who keeps haunting me, begging me to tell her story.  And I want to dive in . . . because her story fascinates me even though I don't know all of it yet, and because it involves horses in depth.  I need the horses.  They are like medicine for my soul.
  • A box of gourds awaits my "artistic" abilities as well.  I look at these gourds and hear them telling me what they want to be.  Lately, they are refusing to be ignored like the young woman above.  My biggest setback is tools.  I need better than what I have, and my mom and I--who shares this obsession with me--have to share so many things between us.  By the time I get what I want or need I've lost either the time or the drive to get done what I want to get done.
  • "Little Bug" is also demanding my mental attention, though I can't find my big box of crayons to start on the illustrations.  And that's what my brain wants to do . . . draw.
So I need to release some "physical" creativity.  That's not to say that writing isn't physical, but it's more mental.  I can get around bad typing days a heck of a lot easier than I can this mental road block.  Bare with me, readers.  I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment