Friday, January 20, 2012

Writing for the sake of writing. . .

That's what I'm doing right now.  I know I haven't been very good at this blogging thing.  at first I wanted to write a little bit every weekday, but obviously that goal is a bit lofty for my busy schedule.  


I also found that it's hard to come up with material everyday.  I could write about what's going on in my life:  what accomplishments Bug has achieved, how things are going with my husband's race car, what neurotic behavior my dog is displaying now. . .  However, I wanted to keep this about writing and the lessons I'm learning as I begin to traverse the world of publishing.  I don't want to fill space with aspects of living my life just to fill space.


That being said, I have set a new goal:  I will put forth effort to write every day and blog at least once every week.


I have started reading a book all about "raising your writing career alongside your kids," and have found it truly inspirational so far.  It's called Writer Mama by Christina Katz.  You can find it here.  I'm not very far into it, but it is motivational and encouraging at page 1.  One thing I like is that Katz includes writing exercises to help get and keep you going.


Once I've read more into the book, I'll let you know what I've learned.  


Other than that, I finally got my Pages app for my AirBook.  I am still on the bottom end of the learning curve for it, but so far I think it's great.  I'm looking forward to playing with it and learning all that it has to offer.  (And I know it has a lot to offer.)


No comments:

Post a Comment