Friday, March 30, 2012

Taking a Week. . .

I got it in on time!  My last assignment was due by the end of March, and, while I know I'm pushing it, I turned it in this afternoon.  (Thank you nap time.)

It's a story about a woman who catches her husband cheating and leaves him.  She is so distraught over his infidelity, that she goes to a busy bar and combines alcohol with an overdose of sleeping pills in an attempt to relieve herself of her pain.  Permanently.

Before she passes out, however, she meets a handsome young man who seems interested in her.  He sticks with her throughout her ordeal, and they become friends.

It's a ridiculously all's-well-with-the-world-meet-my-hero-and-best-friend happy ending.  I'm not always a fan of happy endings as I think they are a bit over-done and cliche, but that's what readers want.  Most readers, anyway.


On another note, I'm going to be taking next week off.  I might be able to get a post in on Easter Monday, but I'm not making any promises.  Have a great week.  See you after the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment