Thursday, December 1, 2011

More Lessons

I seem to learn a new lesson everyday. 

Today I learned that Wordpress isn't very user friendly.  (In fact, Norton blocked me from one of their pages saying it was "malicious.")  It could just be me, of course.  I am new to the world of blogging, so maybe I just need to spend more time with the site. 

Yesterday I learned something about myself and my writing.  So many tips I've seen essentially say:  "Just write!  Don't worry about editing until the original draft is finished.  Then go back and start making changes."  My problem is that I can't seem to do that.  I edit as I go.  I check my facts in my backstory to make sure there are no inconsistencies.  (I can't stand inconsistencies.)  As I'm checking, I'm fixing typos and verb tense and anything else I come across. 

My instructor for the writing class I'm taking said that agents/publishers would be happy to get such clean copy, but it slows my writing extensively.  I need to learn how to finish the project first and then go back and fix everything.

Another thing I've found:  I love reading the blogs I have listed on my side bar.  If you're interested in the publishing industry, these blogs are great reads.  Give them a peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment