Monday, December 26, 2011

A dream come true. . .

First post on my new Mac!  Therefore, I will simply talk about some of the things I've learned so far.


I love the speed with which it turns on and off.  Amazing compared to my old PC-style laptop. . .seconds vs. minutes.  


Of course there is the "delete" key, instead of "backspace."  The two keys have the same function, though.  So my Mac does not have a "delete" key in the sense that a PC does.  


It is smaller, too.  Don't get me wrong here.  I love the size.  It is much more convenient than the old laptop, and super light.  I do, however, miss my number pad on the side and my "home" and "end" keys. (I use "end" a lot, so that will be a big change.)


A cool feature is the "Voice Over."  It allows you to use the keyboard to navigate through any application while voicing where you are in the application.  (It's really much more complex than that, but I don't know if I can accurately explain it.)


Love the track pad, too!  There are so many different ways to set it up.  The entire pad is a button.  You can move the pointer where you want it, and just push on the pad.  No moving  your hand or fingers to "click."  


There is much more, and I can't wait to learn everything.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment